The Guild's Rules
BROMLEY THEATRE GUILD RULES
1. Name - The name of the Guild shall be ‘Bromley Theatre Guild’
2. Objectives - The object of the Guild is to promote the advancement and improvement of public education in relation to all aspects of the Art of Drama and the development of public appreciation of such art and in furtherance of this object but not otherwise the Guild shall have the following powers:- (i) To promote the production and performance of dramatic works. (ii) To promote the maximum degree of mutual co-operation and assistance between member societies. (iii) To purchase or otherwise acquire buildings, plant, machinery, furniture, fixtures, fittings, scenery and all other necessary effects. (iv) To raise funds and invite and receive contributions from any person or persons whatsoever by way of subscription, donation or otherwise. (v) To do all such other things as shall further the objects of the Guild. 3. Membership - Membership shall be open to any amateur theatre society or other body with objects in sympathy with those of the Guild in Bromley and District.
4. Membership shall be subject to the approval of the Committee and to the payment to the Guild’s funds of an annual subscription which shall be a sum determined by the Guild in General Meeting.
5. Subscriptions shall fall due on 1st January each year.
6. Any member society failing to pay its subscription in full by 1st December following shall at the discretion of the Committee cease to be a member.
7. The Committee shall have the power to deprive a member society of Membership and the use of Guild facilities for any reason considered prejudicial to the objects and the interests of the Guild.
8. Associate Membership - Individuals may become associate members of the Guild on payment of an annual subscription which shall be a sum determined by the Guild in General Meeting.
- Next >>